Sunday 19 February 2017

Rear uprights on the way

Being humming and ha-ing on what to do with the rear. Go for the traditional Sierra hubs which by now costs a small fortune or try something new. Well decided to go for Ford Fiesta MK8-9 front uprights, 2 for £52, should be with me by Wednesday. 

 

So got going on the rear of the build, took the chassis off the table checked the levels and clamped the baby down.


Took the chance to weld the front wishbone brackets and drilled holes to get a good weld on to the steel to add straight, not a very good picture but you get the idea.

 

 

 

 

 As the track was just over 1300mm, as mentioned before I had no option but to extend the chassis so the track / wheelbase ratio is 1.6:1 .


 

 

All good fun and making sense now.

 

 

 

 

 

Within a few hours things were looking good, yes 9 HRS in the man cave today and my legs are a bit square by now. 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 I will be honest, the steel is only tack welded, will need to clamp the whole rear down to finish the welding. The measurements are there and there about so will I not complain....

 

Looking forward to my delivery during the week so I can get on with the rear wishbones.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment