Sunday 12 February 2017

Front wishbones done....

Well its been a long week, a lot of measuring and thinking and googling to check this and that. The weather was not much help being cold and damp and the gas in my heater ran out Friday evening.

 

My first task was to mark up a small table for the jig to hold the steel for the top and bottom wishbones. 

 

 

 

 

Again going back to my Locost build days, simple but effective which will give me a set of matching wishbones.


 

Time is the secret here and not to get too excited with the hacksaw, measure twice cut once as they say.




 

Again only tack welded just in case my measuring is off....

Quick check if the castor angle is the recommend 5 deg, fitted washers between the poly bush and mounting bracket to give me 1 deg either way. 

 

 

A simple and cheap tool which makes life very easy, just make sure the table is still level.








Clamp and tack weld the mounting brackets so the measurements can be checked again and again, and its looking good.




Next its the steering rack, anti roll bar or as the Americans call it the sway bar and the coil over shocks. Not yet sure if going for inboard shocks with a push road system. Back to the thinking and googling  for me in the next week or so.

Got to think about getting a motorbike now........
 


No comments:

Post a Comment